Our two day Petra and Wadi Rum Tour from Jerusalem departs every day with guaranteed departure and allows you to visit two of Jordan’s most impressive gems in one easy package. A stunning drive through the Negev Desert will take you to the Jordanian Border. From here, you first stop in the city of Aqaba, to enjoy the markets and culture. Afterward, you will head to Wadi Rum and check into your accommodation at the Bedouin campsite. In the afternoon when the temperatures are more comfortable, enjoy a Jeep Safari tour with a local Bedouin and your guide. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Bedouin feast for dinner, including Zarb, salads, dips, and bread. The following morning, take a ride along the ‘desert’ highway that leads to Petra, one of the greatest, UNESCO recognized archaeological sites. An experienced guide will take you through the wonders of this ancient city. From there, you’ll head back over the border to Eilat, and then you’ll head back to Jerusalem.
This tour does not require a pre-arranged visa
Petra and Wadi Rum Two Day Tour Highlights
- Drive from Jerusalem to Eilat, through the stunning Negev desert. Cross the border with Jordan.
- Visit Aqaba, explore the markets.
- Head to Wadi Rum, check into overnight accommodation in a Bedouin campsite (or hotel depending on season).
- Take a jeep safari through the breathtaking landscape of Wadi Rum.
- Enjoy a traditional Bedouin feast for dinner.
- The next morning, head to Petra via the ‘desert highway’.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs.
- Enjoy free time in Petra to explore at own pace before heading back.
- Return to Jerusalem.
03:00 – Pickup and transfer by road from Jerusalem to Eilat
08:00 – Border crossing into Jordan, be one of the first at the border
09:30 – Aqaba city tour and free time in market, lunch
12:15 – Transfer to Wadi Rum
13:00 – Check in to camp, free time in Wadi Rum, optional activities (Camel rides, hikes, must be arranged locally).
15:00 – Jeep tour in Wadi Rum as the sun sets, Best photo opportunity
19:00 – Traditional Bedouin Dinner in the camp and overnight in the Bedouin campsite
07:00 – Relaxed breakfast at the Bedouin campsite
08:00 – Transfer to Petra
09:15 – Quick stop en route to Petra to enjoy view of Mount Haroun on the way
09:30– Arrive at Petra and begin guided tour
12:00 – Free time in Petra to explore at own pace
16:30 – Exit Petra and start heading back to Eilat border
18:30 – Arrive to border
19:30 – Arrive back in Eilat and begin transfer back to Jerusalem, road transfer back to Jerusalem is approximately 4 hours
- Price includes: transfer from Jerusalem to Eilat, overnight accommodation, transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, packed lunch, water bottle, dinner at the Bedouin camp, breakfast on day two. If staying in hotel, dinner is not included.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, lunch on day 1, tips.
- Tour is available from Jerusalem every day.
- Bedouin Camp accommodation includes basic tent for 2 people (Single Supplement applies for solo travelers) shared bathroom with hot water and showers, no a/c.
- Single travelers will pay a $25 single supplement.
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group (in Petra). Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
- In certain circumstances such as during the shorter winter days, the order of the days might be adjusted in order to provide as much time as possible in Petra.
- Our tour includes approx 7 hours in Petra, approximately 2.5 hours with a guide, and 4.5 hours of free time.
- Tour is offered seven days a week in English. Available guiding in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available. Please contact us for pricing.
Please note, border fees and visa fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly to the border authorities, in cash. Visa fee: $60. Border Fee: approx $65. Price breakdown of border fee: 1. Israeli exit tax (approx $30), 2. Jordanian exit tax (paid on departure approx $15), 3. Visa prep/handling/prearranged ($10), 4. Border assistance Israeli/Jordan ($5 on each side).
|Tour from Jerusalem||$ 399
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
This tour is available with a number of language options.
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.