Our one day tour of Petra from Jerusalem offers the perfect solution for those wanting to experience the impressive site of Petra but limited with time. Leaving Jerusalem, you’ll drive to Eilat through the spectacular Negev Desert, from where you’ll cross into Jordan and travel through the breathtaking Jordanian scenery to the site of Petra. One of the New 7 Wonders of the World, Petra is a site whose awe takes breaths away. Enjoying a comprehensive tour of the city, you’ll see the major sites that make this place so special. After our tour of Petra, we’ll transfer back to the border, passing more magical Jordanian scenery en route. After crossing back into Israel, you’ll transfer back to Jerusalem. This one day tour of Petra from Jerusalem is a great solution for those on a tight schedule and is available every day.
This tour does not require a pre-arranged visa
This tour includes $ 130 worth of entry fees to Petra!
Petra from Jerusalem One Day Tour Highlights
- Transfer from Jerusalem to Eilat, through the Negev desert
- Arrive in Eilat and cross the border into Jordan
- Travel through the Hashemite Kingdom to Petra
- Enjoy a guided tour of the unique UNESCO World Heritage Site, the city of Petra
- See the main sites of Petra including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Enjoy free time to explore, can eat packed lunch or eat in local restaurant
- Return to Jerusalem
- 03:00 – Pickup from Jerusalem, transfer to the border through the desert, enjoying the sunrise on the way, arrive at the border before the crowds
- 08:00 – Cross the border into Jordan with assistance
- 09:00 – Travel through Jordan to Petra, with a view of Wadi Rum en route
- 11:00 – Quick stop to enjoy the view of Mount Haroun (Aaron’s Tomb) en route to Petra
- 11:30 – Guided tour of Petra
- 14:00 – Free time to continue the exploration of Petra, time to eat lunch
- 16:30 – Meet at the exit of Petra
- 18:30-45 – Arrive at the border
- 19:00 – Cross back into Israel and travel towards Jerusalem, travel time back to Jerusalem is approximately 4 hours
- NB: All times are approximate
- Price includes: Transfers from Jerusalem to the border, border assistance, transportation in Jordan, guided tour of Petra, entrance fees to Petra, boxed lunch, water bottle.
- Price excludes: border and visa (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, tips, extra food/drink, personal travel insurance.
- Our tour departs earlier from Jerusalem in order to optimize time and arrive at the border early. This enables our group to enjoy Petra up to an hour longer.
- Option to transfer to Tel Aviv and transfer to Eilat by flight is available (only available as private tour inquire within).
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group (in Petra). Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
- Our Petra tour aims to include approximately 4-6 hours in Petra, including 2 hours guided tour and free time.
- Tour language is English. We can arrange for guides in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) for extra charge. Please contact us for pricing.
Please note, border fees and visa fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly to the border authorities, in cash. Visa fee: $60. Border Fee: approx $65. Price breakdown of border fee: 1. Israeli exit tax (approx $30), 2. Jordanian exit tax (paid on departure approx $15), 3. Visa prep/handling/prearranged ($10), 4. Border assistance Israeli/Jordan ($5 on each side).
|Petra Day Tour from Jerusalem||$ 299
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.