Our one day tour to Petra with an overnight in Aqaba is an amazing value option available every day with 1 night (before or after the tour to Petra) or 2 nights in Aqaba (before and after the tour to Petra, saving the cost of the Jordanian visa). Picking you up in Eilat and crossing the border the day before your tour to Petra, you’ll stay overnight in a hotel in the Jordanian resort city of Aqaba, before departing the next morning on your adventure to Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Arriving at the site in the late morning, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive tour, including all the major highlights and photo opportunities. It’ll be a lot to take in, but many of our guests reflect on this day as one of their greatest travel experiences ever! After enjoying an authentic Jordanian lunch, you’ll to Aqaba for a second overnight if requested, or if not, cross back to Eilat in the evening, and the memories will begin.
The Jordanian visa fee of $60 is not payable if you stay for 2 or more nights in Jordan meaning that this tour including 2 overnights has a total cost similar to the one day tour from Eilat.
Petra Day Tour Highlights
- Pickup from hotels in Eilat
- Transfer to Aqaba, including border assistance
- Free time to explore Aqaba, enjoy its watersports and attractions
- Overnight in hotel in Aqaba
- Transfer to Petra through the desert, seeing Wadi Rum
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat an authentic local Jordanian style lunch at Petra
- Return to Aqaba with a quick stop-off at Wadi Rum to observe the view en-route
- Overnight in Aqaba for those who reserved
- Return to Eilat
- Day before 18:00 (you can also have the night in Aqaba after the tour if preferred and return to Eilat on the following morning) – Pick up from Eilat, transfer to border crossing and to hotel in Aqaba
- 08:00 – Breakfast at hotel in Aqaba
- 08:30 – Pickup from hotel in Aqaba
- 09:00 – Travel through the desert
- 12:00 – Guided introduction to Petra, short horse ride (optional)
- 16:00 – Lunch in local restaurant
- 17:00 – Drive past Wadi Rum (overview from the road)
- 18:00 – Short tour of Aqaba if time permits
- 19:00 – Overnight in Aqaba (for those who requested two nights)
- 19:00 – Return to Eilat for those who requested one night
- Day after 08:00 – Return to Eilat
NB: All times are approximate
- Price includes: transportation to Aqaba from Eilat, full day of transportation during tour, return to Eilat, entrance fees, guided tour in Petra, overnight in hotel in Aqaba, breakfast, and lunch
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), tips (a few dollars), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa and are staying only one night, drinks
- Upgrade to 5-star hotels in Aqaba is available. Prices vary based on dates.
- Single supplement of $25 is applied to individual bookers
- Pickup from any hotel in Eilat
- Tour is available from Eilat every day. Start from other points including Jerusalem and Tel Aviv is available for extra cost** If you want the option with 2 nights in Eilat, please send us an email at email@example.com, and we will confirm the option for you **
- Important note for Israeli passport holders: you must Ieave and re-enter Israel with your Israeli passports.
|1 day Petra Tour with 2 Overnights in Aqaba||$ 299
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
|1 day Petra Tour with Overnight||$ 245
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.