This extended three day tour to Petra and Wadi Rum starting and ending in Eilat gives you two days at the Wonder of the World, Petra, and a jeep safari at Wadi Rum, one of the most spectacular desert landscapes of the world. Starting in Eilat, you’ll cross into Jordan and travel north along the Desert Highway. Reaching Petra, you’ll experience a fully guided tour of this impressive site, followed by lunch. Staying overnight in a great hotel close to Petra, you’ll have the next day to yourself to explore Petra at leisure and uncover more secrets without a group by your side. In the late afternoon, you’ll head south, to Wadi Rum, overnighting in a Bedouin campsite and experiencing this unique nomadic culture first-hand. On the third day, you’ll enjoy a jeep safari of Wadi Rum, free time in Aqaba, and return to Eilat in the afternoon.
There is no need to pre-arrange a visa for this tour
Petra and Wadi Rum Three Day Tour Highlights
- Pickup from hotels in Eilat
- Transfer to Petra through the desert highway
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat an authentic local Jordanian style lunch
- Overnight accommodation in a hotel at Petra including breakfast
- Free day to explore Petra at leisure
- Transfer to Wadi Rum
- Overnight accommodation in a Bedouin campsite (or hotel depending on your preference). Read more about our Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum here.
- Take a jeep safari through the breathtaking landscape of Wadi Rum
- Visit the port city of Aqaba and its markets
- Return to Eilat
- Day 1 – 07:30 – Pick up from accommodation in Eilat
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Border crossing into Jordan
- Day 1 – 09:00 – Drive through desert
- Day 1 – 11:00 – Guided tour of Petra and short horse ride (optional)
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Lunch in local restaurant
- Day 1 – 17:30 – Overnight in hotel at Petra
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Breakfast at leisure followed by transfer to Petra. Free time at the site
- Day 2 – 17:30 – Transport to Wadi Rum
- Day 2 – 18:30 – Overnight in Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum (hotels in Aqaba available in winter months).
- Day 3 – 08:00 – Breakfast
- Day 3 – 09:00 – Jeep safari in Wadi Rum
- Day 3 – 11:00 – Back to camp
- Day 3 – 13:00 – Arrive in Aqaba, free time in the market
- Day 3 – 15:30 – Transport to Arava border crossing
- Day 3 – 16:30 – Eilat, transport back from border crossing
NB: All times are approximate
- Price includes: transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, two overnight accommodations, guided tour of Petra with lunch, dinner at the Bedouin Camp, breakfast. If staying in hotel, dinner is not included.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 is exempted on this tour by the Jordanian authorities (visa fee is exempted at Eilat border crossing when 2+ nights are spent in Jordan), drinks
- Single supplement of $38 is applied to individual bookers staying in hotel at Petra
- Pickup from any hotel in Eilat
- Tour is available from Eilat every day
|Tour from Eilat - 3 days||$ 429
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.