This extended three-day tour to Petra and Wadi Rum starting and ending in Eilat gives you two days at the Wonder of the World, Petra, and the breathtaking views of Wadi Rum, one of the most spectacular desert landscapes of the world. Starting in Eilat, you’ll cross into Jordan and first visit Aqaba to explore the markets, then you’ll head south, to Wadi Rum, overnighting in a Bedouin campsite and experiencing this unique nomadic culture first-hand. In the afternoon, enjoy a Jeep Safari tour with a local Bedouin and your guide, viewing the beauty and magic of the Wadi Rum desert as the sun sets. Enjoy a traditional Bedouin style dinner and overnight accommodation in the Bedouin campsite. The following morning, reaching Petra, you’ll experience a fully guided tour of this impressive site, and a snack box. Staying overnight in a great hotel close to Petra, you’ll have the next day to yourself to explore Petra at leisure and uncover more secrets without a group by your side, including time to explore the Monastery and other sites before returning to Eilat in the evening
There is no need to pre-arrange a visa for this tour
Petra and Wadi Rum Three Day Tour Highlights
- Pickup in Eilat.
- Transfer to Petra through the desert highway.
- Quick visit to Aqaba, enjoy a city tour and time to explore the markets.
Transfer to Wadi Rum, check into accommodation.
- Overnight accommodation in a Bedouin campsite (or hotel depending on your preference). Read more about our Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum here.
- Take a jeep safari through the breathtaking landscape of Wadi Rum.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tomb.
- Overnight accommodation in a hotel at Petra including breakfast.
- Free day to explore Petra at leisure.
- Visit the port city of Aqaba and its markets.
- Return to Eilat.
- Day 1 – 07:00-7:30 – Pick up from 3 centralized locations in Eilat, within 5 minutes walking from most Eilat Hotels. This pickup method allows our group to arrive at the border before the crowds and enjoy more time in Jordan.
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Border crossing into Jordan
- Day 1 – 09:30 – Aqaba city tour and free time in the market, lunch
- Day 1 – 12:15 – Transfer to Wadi Rum
- Day 1 – 13:00 – Check into Bedouin Camp. Enjoy free time to relax or optional activities (camel rides, hiking, to be arranged on the spot locally)
- Day 1 – 15:00 – Jeep Safari Ride in the Wadi Rum Desert as the sun sets
- Day 1 – 19:00 – Dinner and overnight at the Bedouin Camp, including traditional Bedouin style dinner (Zarb, salads, spreads, bread and more)
- Day 2 – 07:00 – Breakfast at leisure followed by transfer to Petra
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Transfer to Petra
- Day 2 – 09:15 – Quick stop to view Mount Haroun
- Day 2 – 9:30 – Enter Petra and begin the guided tour
- Day 2 – 12:00 – Free time in Petra to explore at own pace, eat snack box or find a local restaurant in the area
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Exit Petra and make way to the hotel in Petra
- Day 2 – Overnight at hotel in Petra (dinner not included, upgrades possible)
- Day 3 – 08:00 – Breakfast and transfer to Petra at leisure
- Day 3 – 09:00 – Free time in Petra to explore at own pace, including hiking the Monastery
- Day 3 – 16:30 – Exit Petra
- Day 3 – 18:30 – Arrive at the border crossing
- Day 3 – 19:30 – Cross back into Eilat, drop off at Eilat hotels
NB: All times are approximate
- Price includes: transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, two overnight accommodations, guided tour of Petra with snack box, water bottle, dinner at the Bedouin Camp, breakfast. If staying in hotel, dinner is not included.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 is exempted on this tour by the Jordanian authorities (visa fee is exempted at Eilat border crossing when 2+ nights are spent in Jordan), lunch, drinks, tips.
- Single supplement of $25 is applied to individual bookers.
- Pickup from 3 central locations in Eilat, drop off at Eilat hotels.
- Tour is available from Eilat every day.
- Our tour departs as early as possible to ensure timely arrival to the border crossing. By arriving first this means a quick crossing procedure and more time spent in Petra.
- Tour includes snack box and water bottle (vegetarian options available). Enjoying a snack box enables travelers to spend more time in Petra and grants more flexibility and time. For those interested in eating at a local restaurant in Petra, this can be done during the free time of the tour, both inside or outside Petra.
- Pickup for three centralized locations in Eilat. In order to optimize time and arrive at the border early. This enables our group to enjoy Petra up to an hour longer.
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group (in Petra). Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
- Tour is offered seven days a week in English. Available guiding in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available. Please contact us for pricing.
Accommodation Upgrade Options in Jordan
BEDOUIN CAMP ACCOMMODATION
- Tour includes basic accommodation at Bedouin Camp
- Camp includes tent (2 beds) and shared bathrooms, with showers and hot water
- To upgrade to chalet tent (with A/C and en suite bathroom) – $40 per person. Can be upgraded on the spot or when booking
- To upgrade to a “Martian Dome Tent” – $110 per person ($220 for single). Subject to availability
- To upgrade to a luxury camp (Sun City Camp, Mazyaen Camp, Hazan Zawehah Camp, Memories Aicha Camp or similar), subject to availability, must be indicated when booking, for prices inquire within
- Note: All single travelers must pay a single supplement fee – $38
HOTEL ACCOMMODATION IN PETRA
- Tour includes 3-star accommodation in Petra
- To upgrade to a 4-star hotel – $40 per person
- To upgrade to a 5-star hotel – $100 per person
- Note: All single travelers must pay a single supplement fee – $38
**All hotels are subject to availability**
Please note, border fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representative on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan, and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan.
Please note that during Ramadan (from May 5th to June 4th) the tour will cross to Israel by 18:00, due to earlier closure of the border.
|Tour from Eilat - 3 days||$ 399
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.