Our two day Petra and Wadi Rum Tour from Jerusalem departs every day with guaranteed departure, and allows you to visit two of Jordan’s most impressive gems in one easy package. A stunning drive through the Negev Desert will take you to the Jordanian Border. From here, a ride along the ‘desert’ highway leads to Petra, one of the greatest, UNESCO recognized archaeological sites. An experienced guide will take you through the wonders of this ancient city. Lunch will be in a traditional Arabic restaurant, with delicious, authentic local cuisine. In the evening at Wadi Rum, gaze at the star-lit sky with an overnight stay in a Bedouin campsite (changes to a hotel stay during winter months). The next morning, after a quick breakfast, explore Wadi Rum via a jeep tour. This stunning and mesmerising desert landscape is not to be missed! From there, you’ll head back over the border to Eilat, with time to check out the city, sunbathe on the beach and grab a meal. That evening you’ll head back to Jerusalem.
This tour does not require a pre-arranged visa
Petra and Wadi Rum Two Day Tour Highlights
- Drive from Jerusalem to Eilat, through the stunning Negev desert. Cross the border with Jordan.
- Head to Petra via the ‘desert highway’
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat an authentic local Jordanian style lunch
- Overnight accommodation in a Bedouin campsite (or hotel depending on season)
- Take a jeep safari through the breathtaking landscape of Wadi Rum
- Visit the port city of Aqaba (time depending)
- If time allows, free time in Eilat to take advantage of the beautiful Red Sea Beaches, or enjoy the city’s attractions
- Return to Jerusalem
04:00– Pickup and transfer by road from Jerusalem to Eilat
08:00 – Border crossing into Jordan
09:00 – Drive through desert
11:00 – Guided tour of Petra and short horse ride
15:30 – Lunch in local restaurant
17:30 – Transport to Wadi Rum
18:30 – Overnight in Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum (stay will be in hotel in Aqaba during winter months)
08:00 – Breakfast in the hotel or at campsite
10:00 – Jeep safari in Wadi Rum
12:00 – Back to camp
13:00 – Leave Wadi Rum to Aqaba
13:45 – Visit Aqaba and shop in its markets
15:30 – Transport back to border crossing
16:30 – Free time in Eilat to enjoy the beach, the Dolphin Reef, Underwater Observatory, or another attraction of your choice.
20:00 – Depart Eilat for Jerusalem
24:00 (approx) – Arrive back in Jerusalem
NB: All times are approximate.
- Price includes: transfer from Jerusalem to Eilat, overnight accommodation, transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, lunch on day one, dinner at the Bedouin camp, breakfast on day two. If staying in hotel, dinner is not included.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, drinks
- Tour is available from Jerusalem every day
- In certain circumstances such as during the shorter winter days, the order of the days might be adjusted in order to provide as much time as possible in Petra. In this case time in Eilat will be shortened
- In the winter months when temperature is colder than it is considered comfortable, the order of the sites might be changed, with the first day in Eilat, Aqaba and Wadi Rum, overnight in hotel in Petra, and Petra tour on the second day.
This tour is available with a number of language options.
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.