Available with guaranteed departures every day, our Petra Day Tour from Aqaba provides the perfect introduction to Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Since being rediscovered some 200 years ago, Petra has become one of the world’s most recognisable sites, and visiting it is no disappointment. Our Petra Day Tour from Aqaba is led by an experienced and fully licensed tour guide, and includes hotel pickup from Aqaba hotels, transfer to Petra through the Wadi Rum region, entrance fees at the Petra site, full day of air-conditioned transport, and a Jordanian-style lunch. You’ll enjoy a comprehensive introductory tour of Petra, including the main highlights of this wonder-land, and see many of the most iconic spots at Petra.
The Petra Day Tour from Aqaba is available seven days a week, with guaranteed departures, and pickup from all Aqaba hotels.
Petra Day Tour from Aqaba Highlights
- Pickup from your hotel in Aqaba
- Transport to Petra through the Wadi Rum region, seeing the famous red-rock desert from the way
- Guided tour of Petra led by one of our experienced and fully licensed tour guides, including the most famous points of the site: the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (the sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Authentic Jordanian style lunch in the village of Wadi Musa, next to Petra
- Return to Aqaba, and if time permits, stop to see a view of the Wadi Rum Nature Reserve, ‘the valley of the moon’
- Dropoff at your hotel in Aqaba
Petra Day Tour from Aqaba Timetable
- 9:00 – Pick up from your hotel in Aqaba and head north through the Arabah and Wadi Rum desert region towards Petra
- 11:30 – Arrive at the entrance to Petra, where your guide will begin leading your guided tour of the site. Start the tour with a short and optional horse ride
- 15:30 – Authentic Jordanian-style lunch at restaurant at Petra
- 16:30 – Depart Petra and head south passing by the beautiful desert region of Wadi Rum
- 18:30 – Arrival back in Aqaba
NB: All times are approximate
- Tour is conducted daily in English
- Guidance in Russian, French, or Spanish is available for extra $90 (split between number of participants)
- Petra day tour from Aqaba includes – full day of transport, hotel pickup/dropoff, entrance fee at Petra, guidance, lunch
- Price excludes – drinks, gratuities, personal travel insurance
- Pickup available from all hotels in Aqaba
- Petra one day tour is available daily (seven days a week) from Aqaba
- Please note that Israeli passport holders must Ieave and re-enter Israel with their Israeli passports.
|Petra tour from Aqaba - 1 day||$ 175
$70 Discount for Children Under 12
This tour is available with a number of language options.
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.