Our Petra Day Tour from Eilat departs every day of the year and provides an unforgettable introduction to Petra, the ‘red city’. Lost for hundreds of years, it was 200 years ago that Petra was rediscovered, and was recently declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Our Petra Day Tour from Eilat, led by an exceptional tour guide, offers exceptional value, with the price including pickup in Eilat, transfer through the desert scenery of Wadi Rum to Petra, a guided tour of Petra including the highlights of the ‘lost city’ led by one of our exceptional tour guides. After the tour of Petra, you will return to Eilat with hotel drop off. One of our best-selling tours, the Petra Day Tour from Eilat is perfect for those on a tight time-scale who don’t want to miss the once-in-a-lifetime experience that a visit to Petra provides.
No need to pre-arrange a visa for this tour!
This tour includes $130 worth of entry fees to Petra!
Petra Day Tour from Eilat Highlights
- Pickup from Eilat in the morning.
- Transfer to the Arava Border Crossing where our border assistant will make the crossing into Jordan smooth and easy.
- Travel north through the beautiful desert of southern Jordan to Petra, seeing Wadi Rum’s breathtaking scenery along the way.
- Enjoy a fully guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ in our small groups (maximum 25 people). The tour, led by one of our inspirational guides, includes the main highlights including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (the sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Enjoy free time to explore at your own pace in Petra after the guided tour.
- Depart drive south, passing through Wadi Rum, with a quick stop to observe the view.
- End your Petra Day Tour back in Eilat, where we will drop you at your hotel.
- 7:00 – Pick up in Eilat. In order to optimize time and arrive to the border early, centralized pickup points are used
- 8:00 – Cross the border into Jordan (via the Arava Crossing) aided by our border assistants
- 9:15 – Leave Jordan border, journey to Petra traveling North through the desert
- 11:00 – Quick stop with a view of Mt Haroun (Aaron’s Tomb) en route to Petra
- 11:30 – Arrive at the Petra National Park and enjoy a guided tour of the site. Start the tour with a short and optional horse ride.
- 14:00 – Start free time in Petra and explore at leisure
- 16:30 – Meet at the exit to Petra and begin departure of Petra and drive south passing by the desert scenery of Wadi Rum
- 18:30 – Arrive at Border to cross back
- 19:30 – Return to Eilat and drop off at hotels
- NB: All times are approximate
- Tour price includes: pickup in Eilat, border assistance, transportation to and from Petra, Petra entrance fee, guided tour, snack box (vegan available), and water bottle.
- Tour price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, tips.
- Tour is available from Eilat every day.
- Pickup for three centralized locations in Eilat. In order to optimize time and arrive at the border early. This enables our group to enjoy Petra up to an hour longer.
- Tour language is English. We can arrange for guides in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) for extra charge. Please contact us for pricing.
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group in Petra. Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
- Visas are not required for most nationalities visiting Jordan. If your nationality requires a visa, we are usually able to arrange this with no extra charge. If you’re concerned or have questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Our Petra tour aims to include approximately 4-6 hours in Petra, including 2 hours guided tour and free time
Please note, border fees and visa fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representative on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan, and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan.
Please note that during Ramadan (from May 5th to June 4th) the tour will cross to Israel by 18:00, due to earlier closure of the border.
|Petra One Day Tour from Eilat||$ 199
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
This tour is available with a number of language options.
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.