Our Petra Day Tour from Eilat departs every day of the year and provides an unforgettable introduction to Petra, the ‘red city’. Lost for hundreds of years, it was 200 years ago that Petra was rediscovered, and was recently declared one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Our Petra Day Tour from Eilat, led by an exceptional tour guide, offers exceptional value, with the price including hotel pickup in Eilat, transfer through the desert scenery of Wadi Rum to Petra, a guided tour of Petra including the highlights of the ‘lost city’ led by one of our exceptional tour guides. After the tour of Petra, you’ll enjoy an authentic Arabic-style lunch, and return transportation to Eilat. One of our best-selling tours, the Petra Day Tour from Eilat is perfect for those on a tight time-scale who don’t want to miss the once-in-a-lifetime experience that a visit to Petra provides.
No need to pre-arrange a visa for this tour!
Petra Day Tour from Eilat Highlights
- Pickup from your address in the morning
- Transfer to the Arava Border Crossing where our border assistant will make the crossing into Jordan smooth and easy
- Travel north through the beautiful desert of southern Jordan to Petra, seeing Wadi Rum’s breathtaking scenery along the way
- Enjoy a fully guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’. The tour, led by one of our inspirational guides, includes the main highlights including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (the sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat an authentic local Jordanian style lunch at a local restaurant
- Depart drive south, passing through Wadi Rum, with a quick stop to observe the view
- Stop at the Jordanian port city of Aqaba and visit its markets (if time permits)
- End your Petra Day Tour back in Eilat, where we’ll drop you at your destination
- 7:00 – Pick up from your hotel in Eilat
- 8:00 – Cross the border into Jordan (via the Arava Crossing) aided by our border assistants
- 9:00 – Travel north through the Jordanian desert towards Petra
- 11:30 – Arrive at the Petra National Park and enjoy a guided tour of the site. Start the tour with a short and optional horse ride
- 15:30 – Authentic Jordanian-style lunch in restaurant at Petra
- 16:30 – Depart Petra and drive south through the desert scenery of Wadi Rum
- 18:30 – Stop at Aqaba and visit its markets (time permitting)
- 19:00 – Return to Israel
- 20:00 – Arrive back in Eilat
NB: All times are approximate
- Tour price includes: pickup in Eilat, border assistance, transportation to and from Petra, Petra entrance fee, guided tour, lunch.
- Tour price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border, Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, tips, drinks
- Pickup from any address in Eilat
- Tour is available from Eilat every day
- Tour language is English. We can arrange for a separate Russian, German, Spanish or French guide for a small extra fee
- Visas are not required for most nationalities visiting Jordan. If your nationality requires a visa, we are usually able to arrange this with no extra charge. If you’re concerned or have questions, please feel free to contact us.
This tour is available with a number of language options.
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Hotel Pickup This tour includes pick up and drop off from your accommodation. Dropoff in a different location to pickup is possible.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide). There is a Russian guide free of charge on certain days - please note in your booking if you would like to take advantage of it.
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.