Our Petra Day Tour from Tel Aviv is a wonderful experience, available every day, enabling those with limited time, the unique opportunity to enjoy the wondrous experience that is a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra. Petra is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, and on our Petra Day Tour from Tel Aviv, you’ll visit the highlights of the city that was lost for hundreds of years, and rediscovered only recently. You’ll leave Tel Aviv, traveling south to Eilat, before being picked up and transferring to Jordan. Once in Aqaba, the Jordanian port city, across the bay from Eilat, head north along the Desert Highway through the spectacular scenery of Wadi Rum, to Petra. At Petra, one of our team of professional and industry leading guides will introduce you to the site, giving a comprehensive tour including all of the highlights of this incredible city. You’ll enjoy free time to explore Petra as well before returning south to Eilat, and transferring back to Tel Aviv
There is no need to pre-arrange a visa to Jordan for this tour.
This tour includes $ 130 worth of entry fees to Petra!
Petra Day Tour from Tel Aviv Highlights
- Travel from Tel Aviv to Eilat by road and enjoy the spectacular Negev Desert including Ramon Crater, en route.
- Transfer to the border and cross into Jordan via the Arava Crossing.
- Transfer through the stunning Jordanian landscape to the rose-red city of Petra, stopping at Mt Haroun (Aaron’s Tomb)
- Enjoy a guided tour of the unique UNESCO World Heritage Site, the city of Petra led by our brilliant local guides, in small groups of maximum of 25 people.
- See the main sites of Petra including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs.
- Enjoy free time to explore on own and eat lunch (snack box provided, or optional local restaurant).
- Pass through and see the incredible landscape of Wadi Rum with a quick stop to take in the scenery.
- Return to Eilat, and back to Tel Aviv.
- 03:00 – Transfer from Tel Aviv to Eilat through the Negev Desert, enjoying a desert sunrise. Arrive at the border before the crowds.
- 08:00 – Border crossing into Jordan aided by our border assistance team
- 09:00 – Travel north through the desert to Petra
- 11:00 – Quick stop to enjoy the view of Mount Haroun
- 11:30 – Guided introduction to Petra, short horse ride (optional)
- 14:00 – Enjoy free time to explore on own
- 16:30 – Meet at the exit of Petra
- 16:45 – Drive back through Wadi Rum
- 18:30 -19:00 – Arrive at the border
- 19:30 – Arrive in Eilat side and head back to Tel Aviv. Travel time back to Tel Aviv is approximately 4 hours
- NB: All times are approximate
- Our Petra Day Tour from Tel Aviv includes: two-way transfers from Tel Aviv to Eilat, transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, guiding, border assistance, snack box, water bottle.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, tips.
- Our tour departs earlier from Tel Aviv in order to optimize time and arrive at the border early. This enables our group to enjoy Petra up to an hour longer.
- This tour can be arranged with flights, but only as a private tour. Please inquire within for private tours.
- Tour is available from Tel Aviv every day.
- Tour language is English. We can arrange for guides in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) for extra charge. Please contact us for pricing.
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group (in Petra). Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
- Visas for Jordan are not required for most nationalities. We take care of all border arrangements and are happy to answer any questions you might have.
Please note, border fees and visa fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representative on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan, and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan.
Please note that during Ramadan (from May 5th to June 4th) the tour will cross to Israel by 18:00, due to earlier closure of the border.
|Petra Tour from Tel Aviv. Available daily.||$ 299
$70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.