Our Petra Day Tour from Tel Aviv is a wonderful experience, available every day, enabling those with limited time, the unique opportunity to enjoy the wondrous experience that is a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Petra. Petra is one of the New 7 Wonders of the World, and on our Petra Day Tour from Tel Aviv, you’ll visit the highlights of the city that was lost for hundreds of years, and rediscovered only recently. You’ll leave Tel Aviv by air, flying south to Eilat, before being picked up and transferring to Jordan. Once in Aqaba, the Jordanian port city, across the bay from Eilat, head north along the Desert Highway through the spectacular scenery of Wadi Rum, to Petra. At Petra, one of our team of professional and industry leading guides will introduce you to the site, giving a comprehensive tour including all of the highlights of this incredible city. You’ll enjoy an authentic lunch in a Jordanian style restaurant, before returning south to Eilat, experiencing a quick tour of the city of Aqaba on the way, if time permits. From Eilat, you’ll transfer to the airport, and fly back to Tel Aviv.
There is no need to pre-arrange a visa to Jordan for this tour.
Petra Day Tour from Tel Aviv Highlights
- Fly from Tel Aviv’s Sde Dov Airport to Eilat (enjoy the spectacular changing scenery on this quick flight)
- Pickup from Eilat Airport and cross into Jordan via the Arava Crossing
- Transfer through the stunning Jordanian landscape to the rose red city of Petra
- Enjoy a guided tour of the unique UNESCO World Heritage Site, city of Petra led by our brilliant local guides
- See the main sites of Petra including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat lunch in a local Jordanian style restaurant
- Pass through and see the incredible landscape of Wadi Rum with a quick stop to take in the scenery
- Visit Aqaba (time permitting)
- Return to Eilat, and fly back to Tel Aviv
- 05:30 – Arrive to Sde Dov Airport for checkin for flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat
- 06:30 – Fly from Tel Aviv to Eilat. Our team will meet you at Eilat Airport and whisk you to the border
- 08:00 – Border crossing into Jordan aided by our border assistance team
- 09:00 – Travel north through the desert to Petra
- 11:30 – Guided introduction to Petra, short horse ride (optional)
- 15:30 – Lunch in local restaurant
- 17:00 – Drive back through Wadi Rum
- 18:00 – Stop at Aqaba and visit its markets (if time permits)
- 19:00 – Return to Eilat
- 22:00 – Finish your Petra Day Tour from Tel Aviv back where you began
NB: All times are approximate
- Our Petra Day Tour from Tel Aviv includes: two-way flights from Tel Aviv to Eilat, transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, guiding, border assistance, lunch
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, drinks
- Tour is available from Tel Aviv every day
- Guide language is English. We can arrange for a separate Russian, German, Spanish or French guide for a small extra fee
- Visas for Jordan are not required for most nationalities. We take care of all border arrangements and are happy to answer any questions you might have.
|Petra Tour from Tel Aviv||Available every day||$ 387
$70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide). There is a Russian guide free of charge on certain days - please note in your booking if you would like to take advantage of it.
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.