This two day tour to Petra from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv also includes Jerash, Madaba, and Mount Nebo and leaves every Tuesday. The tour departs Jerusalem heading north, crossing into Jordan via the Sheikh Hussein Crossing. Entering Jordan, you’ll transfer through Northern Jordan’s varied landscapes to Jerash, an ancient Roman city. After a tour of the Roman ruins and a light, authentic Jordanian lunch, we’ll drive south, stopping at Mount Nebo, the famous mountain from where Moses viewed the Promised Land, and then tour Madaba, famous for its churches and Byzantine mosaics. We’ll continue heading south, arriving at Petra where we’ll stay overnight at a hotel. The following morning we’ll begin our comprehensive tour of Petra which includes all of the highlights of the site, and thanks to the extra time on this tour, some special extras. We’ll eat lunch and then return to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv crossing at Arava Border.
**Check out our 3 day version of this tour including Wadi Rum, which costs $10 less (thanks to the waived visa fee on stays of 2 nights in Jordan)**
Petra & Jordan Tour Highlights
- Depart from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv and cross to Jordan from the Sheikh al Hussain (Beit Shean) Border Crossing
- Quick tour of Jerash (extended tour tickets can be purchased upon entry)
- Eat a light lunch in an authentic Jordanian restaurant
- Drive through Amman, Jordan’s bustling capital city
- Tour Mount Nebo, the famous mountain from where Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit Madaba, and its famous Churches and mosaics
- Overnight at hotel at Petra
- Explore Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world
- Return to Jerusalem and Tel Aviv via the Arava Border
- Day 1 – 4:30 – Pick up from central location in Tel Aviv
- Day 1 – 05:30 – Collection from central location in Jerusalem. Drive through the Jordan River Valley to the Sheikh al Hussain (Beit Shean) Border Crossing
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Cross border into Jordan
- Day 1 – 10:00 – Tour of Jerash
- Day 1 – 12:30 – Eat a light lunch in authentic local restaurant
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Visit Madaba, seeing the tombstone, mosaics and the famous church
- Day 1 – 16:30 – Tour to Mount Nebo, seeing the same view across the Promised Land as Moses
- Day 1 – 17:00 – Drive to Petra
- Day 1 – 20:00 – Arrive in Petra for overnight in hotel (dinner included)
- Day 2 – 07:30 – Breakfast at the hotel
- Day 2 – 8:00 – Guided tour of Petra including entrance fee and horseback ride, followed by free time
- Day 2 – 15:30 – Lunch at restaurant at Petra.
- Day 2 – 18:30 – Enjoy a view of Wadi Rum and stop at Aqaba to visit the markets (time permitting)
- Day 2 – 19:30 – Border Crossing into Israel
- Day 2 – 20:30 – Transport from border.
- Day 2 – 24:00 – Arrival in Jerusalem/Tel Aviv
- NB All times are approximate (If time at border crossing is longer than expected, sites may be removed from the Day 1 itinerary)
- Price includes: transportation to all sites from Jerusalem, entrance fees, accommodation at hotel, lunch on both days, and breakfast on the second day.
- Price excludes border and visa fees (US$125 paid in cash at the border), drinks
- Single travelers will pay a $38 single supplement for stay in hotel
- Tour starts and ends in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv with pickup from a central location. Drop-off in Aqaba or Eilat is possible by prior arrangement.
- Israeli passport holders should contact us prior booking this tour (while other tours can be booked by Israeli passport holders without prior notice)
- The tour might return first to Tel Aviv or first to Jerusalem depending on operation factors on the day
|Tour from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv - 2 Days||$ 419
$70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.