Our two day Petra Tour from Eilat gives you more time to experience the magic of the ‘rose city’ of Petra, one of the 7 Wonders of the World, which was lost for hundreds of years. Transferring from Eilat into Jordan, you’ll travel along the Desert Highway, arriving at Petra where you’ll receive a fully guided tour of the site including all of the most famous highlights. You’ll head to your overnight accommodation (a hotel in Petra, can be upgraded). The following day, after breakfast, you’ll have a few hours of free time to delve deeper into Petra and discover it for yourself. In the afternoon, returning to Eilat, you’ll end the tour having had an unforgettable two-day experience.
There is no need to pre-arrange a visa for this tour
Petra Two Day Tour Highlights
- Pickup from Eilat.
- Cross into Jordan via the Arava Border Crossing.
- Experience a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ and comprehensively explore the city, one of the Seven Wonders of the World including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs.
- Guided tour led by our English language guide in small groups of maximum 25 people
- Enjoy free time to explore, eat snack box, or lunch in local restaurant.
- Stay overnight in a 3-star hotel in Petra (or upon request Bedouin Campsite, or upgrade to 4-star or 5-star hotel).
- Option to join the Petra at Night experience (not included, arranged locally in Petra).
- Full day at Petra with time to explore the site at leisure, and climb to the Monastery.
- Drive past Wadi Rum with a quick stop to see this enchanted landscape.
- Return to Eilat.
- Day 1 – 07:00 – Pick up from Eilat – 3 central pickup locations allow us to reach the border early and beat the crowds and reduces time in the morning pick up time. Eilat is a small city and each pickup location is within 5 minutes walking distance of most Eilat hotels.
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Cross the border into Jordan (via the Arava Crossing) aided by our border assistants
- Day 1 – 09:00 – Drive through the desert
- Day 1 – 11:00 – Quick stop to enjoy the view of Mount Haroun (Aaron’s Tomb)
- Day 1 – 11:30 – Guided tour of Petra, short horse ride (optional)
- Day 1 – 14:00 – Free time in Petra to explore at own pace
- Day 1 – 16:30 – Meet at the exit of Petra and transport to hotel or Bedouin Campsite.
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Breakfast. Transport to Petra, free time to explore at leisure.
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Return to Eilat, drive through Wadi Rum
- Day 2 – 18:30 – Cross border back to Eilat
- Day 2 – 19:30 – Return to Eilat with drop off at Eilat hotels
- NB All times are approximate
- Price includes: transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, guided tour of Petra with snack box (vegan option available), water bottle, overnight accommodation, breakfast at hotel on day two.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, tips.
- Pickup from 3 centralized locations in Eilat, drop off to all major hotels in Eilat.
- Single supplement of $25 is applied to individual bookers staying in a hotel at Petra.
- Accommodation upgrade optional to 4-star ($40 per person) or 5-star hotel ($100 per person)
- Petra by Night (must be arranged in Petra with rep) extra 15 JOD (approximately $23), arranged on the day with a representative in Petra.
- It is advisable to hike to the Monastery on the second day with more free time.
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group (in Petra). Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
- Tour is available every day.
- Tour is offered seven days a week in English. Available guiding in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available. Please contact us for pricing.
Please note, border fees and visa fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representative on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan, and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan.
Please note that during Ramadan (from May 5th to June 4th) the tour will cross to Israel by 18:00, due to earlier closure of the border.
|Petra Two Day Tour From Eilat||$ 299
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.