Our two day Petra Tour from Eilat gives you more time to experience the magic of the ‘rose city’ of Petra, one of the 7 Wonders of the World, which was lost for hundreds of years. Transferring from Eilat into Jordan, you’ll travel along the Desert Highway, arriving at Petra where you’ll receive a fully guided tour of the site including all of the most famous highlights. After an authentic Jordanian style meal, you’ll head to your overnight accommodation (a hotel in Petra, but can be changed to a Bedouin Campsite upon request as you prefer). The following day, after breakfast, you’ll have a few hours of free time to delve deeper into Petra and discover it for yourself. In the afternoon, returning to Eilat, you’ll end the tour having had an unforgettable two day experience.
There is no need to pre-arrange a visa for this tour
Petra Two Day Tour Highlights
- Pickup from Eilat
- Cross into Jordan via the Arava Border Crossing
- Experience a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ and comprehensively explore the city, one of the Seven Wonders of the World including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat at authentic local restaurants
- Stay overnight in a 3-star hotel in Petra (or upon request Bedouin Campsite)
- Option to join the Petra at Night experience (not included)
- Full day at Petra with time to explore the site at leisure, and climb to the Monastery
- Drive past Wadi Rum with a quick stop to see this enchanted landscape
- City tour of Aqaba (time-permitting)
- Return to Eilat
- Day 1 – 07:15 – Pick up from Eilat accommodation
- Day 1 – 8:00 – Cross the border into Jordan (via the Arava Crossing) aided by our border assistants
- Day 1 – 09:00 – Drive through desert
- Day 1 – 11:30 – Guided tour of Petra, short horse ride (optional)
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Lunch at local restaurant
- Day 1 – 16:30 – Transported to hotel or Bedouin Campsite.
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Breakfast. Transport to Petra, free time to explore at leisure.
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Return to Aqaba, drive through Wadi Rum
- Day 2 – 18:00 – Short tour of Aqaba
- Day 2 – 19:30 – Return to Eilat
NB All times are approximate
- Price includes: transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, guided tour of Petra with lunch, overnight accommodation
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa
- Single supplement of $38 is applied to individual bookers staying in hotel at Petra. No single supplement is payable on stays at the Bedouin camp
- Pickup from any hotel in Eilat. Departure can also be arranged from Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and other points
- Tour is available every day
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Hotel Pickup This tour includes pick up and drop off from your accommodation. Dropoff in a different location to pickup is possible.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide). There is a Russian guide free of charge on certain days - please note in your booking if you would like to take advantage of it.
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.