Our 2 Day Petra Tour from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem is available every day, offering a great solution for anybody looking to spend an extended amount of time at the ‘Rose Red City’. With guaranteed departures every day, the tour includes transfers from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem to Petra. Along the way, you’ll see much of the natural beauty of both Israel and Jordan, including Israel’s Negev Desert and Arava Desert, the landscape of Jordan’s Wadi Rum, and the pink mountains of the Petra region. Arriving at Petra, one of our experienced English-speaking guides will provide an introduction to the site on the first day, including the main highlights. That evening, stay overnight accommodation in Petra (standard accommodation is at a hotel, but there is the option to stay instead in a Bedouin Campsite). On the second day of our Petra 2 Day Tour from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem you’ll be free to explore Petra in more depth alone, including enough time to hike to the Monastery. Returning to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem that evening, you’ll have had an unforgettable and comprehensive experience at one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
There is no need to pre-arrange a visa for this tour
Petra Two Day Tour from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem Highlights
- Pickup from centralized location in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem
- Transfer to Arava Border Crossing through the Negev Desert, Ramon Crater, Mitzpe Ramon, and Arava Desert. Sunrise will occur en-route giving potential for some spectacular views. (Option to transfer to Eilat by flight transfers instead is available on request)
- Cross into Jordan via the Arava Border Crossing
- Head north along Jordan’s Desert Highway, to the Nabatean city of Petra
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ led by one of our experienced English speaking guides. Sites covered including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat lunch at an authentic local restaurant
- Stay overnight in a 3-star hotel in Petra (or upon request Bedouin Campsite)
- Option to join the Petra at Night experience (not included)
- Free day at Petra with time to explore the site at leisure, and climb to the Monastery
- Return to the border, on the way driving past Wadi Rum with a quick stop to see this enchanted landscape
- City tour of Aqaba (time-permitting)
- Return to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem (drop-off in Eilat also available)
- Day 1 – 04:00 – Pick up from Jerusalem
- Day 1 – 04:00 – Pick up from Tel Aviv
- Day 1 – 8:00 – Cross the border into Jordan (via the Arava Crossing) aided by our border assistants
- Day 1 – 09:00 – Drive along Jordan’s Desert Highway to Petra
- Day 1 – 11:30 – Guided tour of Petra, short horse ride (optional)
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Lunch at local restaurant
- Day 1 – 16:30 – Transported to hotel or Bedouin Campsite.
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Breakfast. Transport to Petra, free time to explore at leisure.
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Return to Aqaba, drive through Wadi Rum
- Day 2 – 18:00 – Short tour of Aqaba
- Day 2 – 23:00 – Arrival in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem
NB All times are approximate
- Tour price includes: air conditioned transportation to all sites from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, entrance fees at Petra and Wadi Rum, guided tour of Petra, lunch on Day 1, overnight accommodation
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa
- Single supplement of $38 is applied to individual bookers staying in hotel at Petra. No single supplement is payable on stays at the Bedouin camp
- Tour is available every day
- Option to transfer from Tel Aviv with flights instead of road transfers is available on request for an additional $120
|2 Day Petra Tour from Tel Aviv||$ 399
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
|2 Day Petra Tour from Jerusalem||$ 479
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
This tour is available with a number of language options.
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.