Our Petra and Wadi Rum 3 day tour from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem is designed for those who want to linger exploring the world famous Petra in depth, and experience the wonder of the stunning red desert of Wadi Rum. Departing from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, you will make your way through the Negev Desert to Eilat, and cross into Jordan aided by our assistants. The first day is for exploring Petra with a licensed guide, to visit the highlights and learn about the history and geography of the ‘Rose Red City’. On the second day, you will have the chance to explore at leisure, reaching every corner of this huge, unique site, including the famous Monastery. This Jordan experience would not be complete without a night in the middle of the desert, at a Bedouin Camp, and a Jeep tour in the “Valley of the Moon”, Wadi Rum. Return is to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
** On Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays this tours allows you to join “Petra by night”, the candlelight show in Petra (enquire for more information) **
Petra and Wadi Rum Three Day Tour Highlights
- Pickup from Tel Aviv or Jerusalem
- Transfer to Eilat through Israel’s beautiful Negev Desert (sunrise en-route). Cross the border into Jordan aided by our assistants
- Drive to Petra on Jordan’s desert highway
- Guided tour of Petra with licensed guide including entry fees, visiting the main sites of Petra including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Enjoy lunch at authentic Jordanian restaurant
- Overnight accommodation in a hotel at Petra with breakfast
- Free day in Petra for independent exploration including the opportunity to visit the ‘Monastery’
- Transfer to Wadi Rum
- Overnight in Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum (hotel in Aqaba is available upon request)
- Jeep safari in Wadi Rum led by a local Bedouin guide
- City tour of Aqaba
- Free time on the Red Sea in Eilat
- Transfer to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem
- Day 1 – 04:00 – Pick up from Tel Aviv / Jerusalem, transfer to Eilat
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Border crossing into Jordan
- Day 1 – 09:00 – Drive through desert to Petra
- Day 1 – 11:00 – Guided tour of Petra
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Lunch at Jordanian restaurant
- Day 1 – 17:30 – Overnight in hotel at Petra (possibility for “Petra by night”)
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Breakfast and free day in Petra including entry fees
- Day 2 – 17:30 – Transport to Wadi Rum
- Day 2 – 18:30 – Overnight in Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum including dinner (hotels in Aqaba available upon request).
- Day 3 – 08:00 – Breakfast
- Day 3 – 09:00 – Jeep safari in Wadi Rum (2 hours)
- Day 3 – 13:00 – Transfer to Aqaba, free time in the market
- Day 3 – 15:30 – Cross back to Eilat, enjoy free time in Eilat
- Day 3 – 19:30 – Transfer to Tel Aviv/Jerusalem (arrival by midnight)
NB: All times are approximate
- Price includes: transfers to all sites, entrance fees to Petra and Wadi Rum, two overnight accommodations, guided tour of Petra, Jeep tour in Wadi Rum, meals as outlined above.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), drinks, “Petra by night” optional ticket (approx. 17 JOD to pay on the site). No visa fee is payable on this tour as you stay 2 nights in Jordan (saving $60).
- Single supplement of $38 is applied to individual bookers staying in hotel at Petra
- Pickup from one city and drop off in another is possible
- Hotel in Aqaba instead of Bedouin Camp is possible upon request.
- The tour might return first to Tel Aviv or first to Jerusalem depending on operational factors on the day
|Petra and Wadi Rum 3 Day Tour from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem||$ 499
$70 Discount for Children Under 12
This tour is available with a number of language options.
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.