Our Petra and Wadi Rum 3 day tour from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem is designed for those who want to linger exploring the world famous Petra in depth and experience the wonder of the stunning red desert of Wadi Rum. Departing from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, you will make your way through the Negev Desert to Eilat, and cross into Jordan aided by our assistants. The first day you will have time to explore Aqaba and its bustling markets and later in the day check into your accommodation at the Bedouin Camp in Wadi Rum. This Jordan experience would not be complete without a night in the middle of the desert, at a Bedouin Camp, and a Jeep tour in the “Valley of the Moon” during sunset. Enjoy a traditional Bedouin feast for dinner. The following day is for exploring Petra with a licensed guide, to visit the highlights and learn about the history and geography of the ‘Rose Red City’. On the third day, you will have the chance to explore at leisure, reaching every corner of this huge, unique site, including the famous Monastery. Return is to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
** On Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays this tours allows you to join “Petra by night”, the candlelight show in Petra (enquire for more information) **
Petra and Wadi Rum Three Day Tour Highlights
- Pick up from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
- Cross border to Jordan with border assistance, be the first to arrive before the crowds
Quick visit to the city of Aqaba, explore the markets.
- Overnight in a Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum (hotel in Aqaba available at no extra cost, or upgrades possible please specify when booking).
- Have fun with a Jeep tour in Wadi Rum, admiring the stunning landscape of the Red Desert, the “Valley of the Moon”.
- Guided tour of Petra, led by one of our expert guides and some free time in the afternoon to explore, followed by overnight in Petra at a hotel.
- With a free day in Petra, take the chance to explore its hidden corners and secrets! Enjoy its special light at sunrise or sunset.
- For departures on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday, optional visit to the Petra by Night candle-light show (extra cost).
- Return to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
- Day 1 – 03:00 – Pick up from a centralized location in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Cross the border into Jordan aided by our assistants
- Day 1 – 09:30 – Aqaba city tour and free time in the market, lunch
- Day 1 – 12:15 – Transfer to Wadi Rum
- Day 1 – 13:00 – Check in to camp. Free time in Wadi Rum. Optional activities (Camel Rides, Hiking, must be arranged locally, subject to availability)
- Day 1 – 15:00 – Jeep Safari Tour with a local Bedouin and guide through the Wadi Rum Desert
- Day 2 – 07:00 – Breakfast at leisure
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Transfer to Petra
- Day 2 – 09:15 – Quick stop en route to Petra to enjoy a view of Mount Haroun
- Day 2 – 09:30 – Arrive in Petra and start a guided tour
- Day 2 – 12:00 – Free time in Petra to explore at own pace, enjoy lunch
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Exit Petra and head to the hotel in Petra for overnight. Petra by Night tour can be arranged, must be arranged locally on the spot. Only available Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Day 2 – Overnight in Petra
- Day 3 – Enjoy a free day at your own pace to explore Petra, plenty of time to hike the Monastery or visit more sites within the lost city of Petra
- Day 3 – 16:30 – Exit Petra and head back to the border
- Day 3 – 18:30 – Arrive at the border crossing
- Day 3 – 19:30 – Cross back into Eilat, head back towards Tel Aviv, Jerusalem (travel time is approximately 4 hours)
- NB: Please note that all times are approximate
- Price includes: transfers to all sites, entrance fees to Petra and Wadi Rum, two overnight accommodations, guided tour of Petra, Jeep tour in Wadi Rum, meals unless not mentioned in “Price excludes” below, water bottle.
- Price excludes: lunch on day 1, border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), drinks, “Petra by night” optional ticket (approx. 17 JOD to pay on the site). No visa fee is payable on this tour as you stay 2 nights in Jordan (saving $60).
- Single supplement of $25 is applied to individual bookers
- Pickup from one city and drop off in another is possible
- Hotel in Aqaba instead of Bedouin Camp is possible upon request.
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group (in Petra). Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
- Tour is offered seven days a week in English. Available guiding in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available. Please contact us for pricing.
|Petra and Wadi Rum 3 Day Tour from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem||$ 479
$70 Discount for Children Under 12
This tour is available with a number of language options.
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.