This three-day tour to Petra, Wadi Rum, Jerash, Madaba, Mount Nebo, and Aqaba from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv provides the ultimate Jordan travel experience, featuring the major highlights of the Hashemite Kingdom with small groups and authentic, memorable, experiences.
This tour is available every Tuesday and Friday starting in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv and crossing into Jordan. You’ll then head to Jerash, the impressive Roman City which is one of the world’s most extensive Roman cities. After your visit, you’ll eat an authentic Jordanian lunch before heading to Madaba, famed for its impressive Church and Byzantine mosaics, and Mount Nebo, where Moses viewed the Promised Land after wandering in the desert. You will spend your first night in a hotel before setting off the following morning for a comprehensive tour of Petra, the pink city where you’ll have enough time to fully get to grips with this wonder of the world. In the evening, you’ll transfer to Wadi Rum, enjoying the overnight in our Bedouin camp. You’ll spend the third day in the mighty impressive lunar-esque landscape at Wadi Rum, enjoying a jeep safari guided by local Bedouins. After Wadi Rum, we’ll head South towards Aqaba, where we’ll have a city tour. Crossing back into Israel in Eilat you’ll head back to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
This tour does not require a pre-arranged visa
Petra, Wadi Rum & Jordan Tour from Jerusalem Highlights
- Depart Jerusalem or Tel Aviv and cross into Jordan via the Bet Shean (Sheikh Hussein) Border Crossing (There is no need to pre-arrange a visa for group members).
- Tour Jerash, the impressive Roman City in Northern Jordan.
- Visit Madaba, with its impressive mosaics and famous church.
- See Mount Nebo and the same view as Moses across the Promised Land, (not available from November to March, due to sunset time).
- Pass through Amman, Jordan’s thriving capital city.
- Overnight in a hotel at Petra.
- Guided tour of Petra, with a full day to explore this incredible site.
- Transfer to Wadi Rum and overnight in a Bedouin Camp in this amazing desert landscape.
- Jeep safari through Wadi Rum, one of the most breathtaking landscapes on Earth.
- City tour of Aqaba including its impressive markets.
- Cross back into Israel at the Arava Border Crossing.
- Return to Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
- Day 1 – 04:30– Collection from Tel Aviv
- Day 1 – 05:30 – Collection from Jerusalem and transfer to border crossing
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Cross border and transfer to Jerash for tour
- Day 1 – 12:30 – Light lunch in local restaurant
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Visit Madaba, seeing the tombstone, mosaics and the famous church
- Day 1 – 16:30 – Tour to Mount Nebo, seeing the same view across the Promised Land as Moses did (not available from November to March, due to sunset time)
- Day 1 – 17:30 – Drive to Petra
- Day 1 – 20:00 – Arrive in Petra for overnight in hotel (dinner included)
- Day 2 – 07:30 – Breakfast
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Transfer to Petra, enter the site, and explore Petra with guide
- Day 2 – 12:00 – Free time to explore independently (optional hike to the monastery)
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Depart Petra for Wadi Rum
- Day 2 – 18:00 – Arrive in Wadi Rum for dinner and overnight stay in Bedouin Camp
- Day 3 – 08:00 – Enjoy breakfast at the campsite enjoying the landscape of Wadi Rum
- Day 3 – 09:00 – Visit the Wadi Rum reserve on a Jeep safari led by our local Bedouin guides
- Day 3 – 12:00 – Return to Bedouin camp, lunch, and free time with optional activities
- Day 3 – 15:00 – Head to Aqaba
- Day 3 – 16:00 – Arrival in Aqaba, free time to explore in the markets
- Day 3 – 18:30 – Return to the border
- Day 3 – 19:30 – Return to the Israeli side of the border, return to Jerusalem/Tel Aviv, travel time is approximately 4 hours
- NB All times are approximate (If time at border crossing is longer than expected, activities from Day 1 may be removed from itinerary)
- Price includes: Transportation to all sites from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, entrance fees, accommodation in hotel and Bedouin campsite, lunch on day one and two, waterbottle, dinner on the second day, and breakfast on the second and third days. If staying in hotel, dinner is not included.
- Price excludes border fee of $65 per person, drinks, meals not mentioned in the itinerary above, tips.
- Single travelers will pay a $25 approx. per night single supplement.
- Tour starts and ends in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv. It is possible to end in Aqaba or Eilat for those who would like.
- If you like this tour but need to depart on another day, check this tour
- Our tour departs as early as possible to ensure timely arrival to the border crossing. By arriving first this means a quick crossing procedure and more time spent in Petra.
- Tour includes snack box and water bottle on a guided tour in Petra day (vegan option available). Enjoying a snack box enables travelers to spend more time in Petra and grants more flexibility and time. For those interested in eating at a local restaurant in Petra, this can be done during the free time of the tour, both inside or outside Petra.
- When touring in Petra, group size will be a maximum of 25 passengers with the local guide. However, groups may be larger during transportation. We find it is more comfortable to sit on large buses.
- Tour is offered seven days a week in English. Available guiding in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available. Please contact us for pricing.
Please note, border fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representative on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan, and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan
Please note that during Ramadan (from May 5th to June 4th) the tour will cross to Israel by 18:00, due to earlier closure of the border.
|Tour from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv - 3 Days||$ 499
$70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.