The most comprehensive experience of the ‘Hashemite Kingdom’ is in this 4-day tour of Jordan departing twice a week from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. This option is recommended for people with a deep interest in Petra, a dream to visit Petra by Night and explore the site in depth. This four-day tour departs every Tuesday and Friday and takes you first to Northern Jordan. You will walk around Jerash, the stunning Roman site, you will visit the Jordanian city capital of Amman, with time to see the Citadel, Roman Theater and free time in the markets. You will also visit Madaba and Mount Nebo, as well as the King’s way to Petra (views of Wadi Mujib, Dana, pass Shobak, on day two, with an overnight in Petra. In the evening, you might want to join the “Petra by night” tour and see the Nabatean city lit up by candlelight. On day three you will enjoy a full day guided tour of Petra, led by our expert guides and overnight in a Bedouin Campsite in Wadi Rum. You will not leave the country before experiencing the authentic Bedouin culture at a fully equipped camp in Wadi Rum, where you will spend the night under the million-star sky. On the following day, you will be left free to experience the Wadi Rum desert at leisure, with time for optional activities such as hiking, camel rides or hot air balloons (subject to availability, must be arranged locally). Bedouin guides will take you to the desert reserve on the following morning, for a Jeep tour. Before returning to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, there will be some time in Aqaba to explore the markets and learn what these southern cities have to offer to their visitors.
- Day 1 – 04:30– Collection from a centralized location in Tel Aviv
- Day 1 – 05:30 – Collection from a centralized location in Jerusalem and transfer to the border crossing at Beit Shean
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Cross border and transfer to Jerash for tour with
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Tour Amman, including the Citadel and Roman Theatre. Enjoy free time in the market places exploring at leisure
- Day 1 – 18:30 – Overnight in Amman hotel (dinner included)
- Day 2 – 7:30 – Breakfast at the hotel
- Day 2 – 8:30 – Travel to Madaba, and enjoy its Byzantine mosaics
- Day 2 – 11:30 – Tour Mount Nebo (not available from November to March, due to sunset time)
- Day 2 – 12:30 – King’s way to Petra including views of Wadi Mujib, Dana, pass Shobak
- Day 2 – 1:30 – Stop for lunch (not included)
- Day 2 – 17:30 – Drive to Petra. Overnight in Petra (Dinner Included) Optional tour “Petra by night”, tickets to purchase on the site (17 JOD per person)
- Day 3 – 7:30 – Breakfast at hotel
- Day 3 – 8:00 – Enter the archaeological site of Petra and start your tour by our licensed guide
- Day 3 – 17:30 – Exit Petra
- Day 3 – 20:00 – Overnight in Bedouin Camp in Wadi Rum (dinner included) Or stay in a hotel in Aqaba (Dinner not included).
- Day 4 – 08:00 – Breakfast and leisure time (optional hot air balloon, camel rides, to be arranged locally)
- Day 4 – 09:00 – Head into the Wadi Rum reserve on a jeep safari led by our local Bedouin guides
- Day 4 – 12:00 – Return to camp
- Day 4 – 13:00 Head to Aqaba
- Day 4 – 14:00 Arrival in Aqaba, free time in the markets
- Day 4 – 18:00 Return to the border
- Day 4 – 19:30 Return to the Israeli side of the border, return to Jerusalem/Tel Aviv, travel time is approximately 4 hours
Please note the itinerary includes double occupancy in hotel/camp. Single travelers will pay a $25 per night single supplement. For those who would prefer to stay in a hotel, this can be arranged at no extra cost. In winter months a hotel may be used instead of a Bedouin camp. If staying in hotel on night three, dinner is not included.
Also check out the three-day version of this tour here.
- Petra and Wadi Rum Tour from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv price includes: Pickup and transportation to all sites from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, entrance fees, accommodation in Bedouin campsite or hotel, all guiding, water bottle. First day includes dinner, second day includes breakfast and dinner, third day includes breakfast and dinner, fourth day includes breakfast.
- Price excludes border fees of $65 per person, drinks, tips, ticket to “Petra by Night” show, extra optional activities.
- Bedouin Camp Chalet upgrade with air conditioning and en suite bathroom – $60 pp.
- Bedouin Camp upgrade to “Martian dome tents”- subject to availability, extra $240 for single tent ($120 pp for double). Must be booked in advance at time of booking. Please contact us after you book to confirm your Martian tent upgrade.
- Tour begins and ends in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. For those who would like, drop off in Aqaba or Eilat can be arranged at no extra cost.
- Our highlights tour departs as early as possible to ensure timely arrival to the border crossing. By arriving first this means a quick crossing procedure and more time spent in Petra.
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group (in Petra). Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
Please note, border fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representative on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan, and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan.
Please note that Israeli passport holders must Ieave and re-enter Israel with their Israeli passports.
|4 Day Highlights Tour from Tel Aviv/Jerusalem||$ 569
$70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.