The most comprehensive experience of the ‘Hashemite Kingdon’ is in this 4 day tour of Jordan departing once a week from Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. This option is recommended for people with a deep interest in Petra, a dream to visit Petra by Night and explore the site in depth (for most people the we recommend the 3 day tour as most suitable option). This four day tour departs every Tuesday and takes you first to Northern Jordan. You will walk around Jerash, the stunning Roman site, you will drive past the Jordanian city capital of Amman and visit Madaba and Mount Nebo. On day two, you will enjoy a full day guided tour of Petra, led by our expert guides, including an authentic Jordanian lunch. In the evening, you might want to join the “Petra by night” tour and see the Nabatean city lit up by candlelight. On the following day, you will be left free to experience Petra at leisure, walking at the shade of its impressive cliffs or hiking to the Monastery or shopping at the bazars. You will not leave the country before experiencing the authentic Bedouin culture at a fully equipped camp in Wadi Rum, where you will spend the night under the million star sky. Bedouin guides will take you to the desert reserve on the following morning, for a Jeep tour. Before returning to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem, there will be a stop in Aqaba and in Eilat to enjoy the Red Sea and what these southern cities have to offer to their visitors.
- Day 1 – 04:30– Collection from centralized location in Tel Aviv
- Day 1 – 05:30 – Collection from centralized location in Jerusalem and transfer to border crossing at Beit Shean
- Day 1 – 08:00 – Cross border and transfer to Jerash for tour
- Day 1 – 12:30 – Light lunch in local restaurant
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Visit Madaba, its tombstone, mosaics and church
- Day 1 – 16:30 – Tour to Mount Nebo (not available from November to March, due to sunset time)
- Day 1 – 20:00 – Arrive in Petra for overnight in hotel (dinner included)
- Day 2 – 07:30 – Breakfast
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Transfer to Petra and explore the site with our guide, including lunch at authentic Jordanian restaurant
- Day 2 – 20:00 – Possibility to join “Petra by Night” tour (extra 17 JOD to pay directly on the day to the ticket office of Petra)
- Day 2 – Overnight at hotel in Petra (dinner not included)
- Day 3 – 09:00 – Breakfast, and enjoy a free day in Petra including entry fees
- Day 3 – 16:30 – Transfer to Wadi Rum
- Day 3 – 18:00 – Arrive in Wadi Rum, enjoy dinner and overnight stay at the Camp
- Day 4 – 08:00 – Breakfast in Camp, followed by a 4×4 jeep safari tour through Wadi Rum
- Day 4 – 13:00 – Drive south to Aqaba and enjoy free time in its markets
- Day 4 – 15:30 – Cross back into Israel, free time in Eilat on the Red Sea
- Day 4 – 20:00 – Depart Eilat. Head north through the Arava Valley
- Day 4 – 24:00 – Arrive to Jerusalem / Tel Aviv
NB All times are approximate (in the unlikely case border crossing causes delays on day 1, activities from day 1 may be removed from itinerary)
Please note the itinerary includes double occupancy in hotel / camp. For those who would prefer to stay in a hotel, this can be arranged at no extra cost. Single travelers will pay a $38 per night single supplement if staying in hotel. In winter months a hotel may be used instead of a Bedouin camp. If staying in hotel, dinner is not included.
Also check out the three-day version of this tour here.
|4 Day Highlights Tour from Tel Aviv/Jerusalem||$ 549
$70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.