Petra and Wadi Rum are two of the most beautiful places on earth, and our two-day Petra and Wadi Rum Tour, available every day from Eilat offers the ideal way to visit and experience both of these gems. Leaving Eilat, you’ll cross into Jordan, before traveling towards Aqaba, with time to enjoy the marketplaces then head north along Jordan’s Desert Highway to Wadi Rum, the “Valley of the Moon”. Here you will check into your Bedouin Camp accommodation and relax in your new surroundings. In the afternoon when the temperature is more comfortable, enjoy an exciting Jeep Safari tour throughout Wadi Rum, led by a local Bedouin and your guide. Spend the night in the Bedouin Campsite, eating an authentic Bedouin style dinner, including a famous Zarb (Bedouin barbeque). The next morning, enjoy breakfast before heading to the city of Petra, hidden in the desert for hundreds of years and rediscovered just 200 years ago. At Petra, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive tour by an experienced guide, as well as free time to explore at your own pace throughout this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Returning to Eilat after two days of touring, you’ll reflect on this immense experience.
This tour does not require a pre-arranged visa
Petra and Wadi Rum Two Day Tour Highlights
- Pickup from Eilat, cross the border.
- Enjoy time spent in Aqaba, the Red Sea city, at own pace, exploring markets, coffee, culture, and lunch.
- Continue your journey to Wadi Rum and enjoy free time and optional activities.
- Overnight accommodation in a Bedouin campsite in the magical landscape of Wadi Rum (or hotel depending on your preferences). Our Bedouin campsite is more than just tents in the desert. Read more about its facilities here.
- Take a sunset jeep safari through the breathtaking landscape of Wadi Rum led by our local Bedouin guides, senior members of their tribe who will also give an interesting insight into Bedouin culture.
- The following morning after breakfast, transfer to Petra through the desert highway.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs.
- Enjoy free time to explore in Petra, eat snack box or eat in a local restaurant (vegan available)
- Return to Eilat, drop off at hotels.
- Day 1 – 07:00-7:30 – Pick up from 3 centralized Eilat pickups, optimizing time in the morning to arrive early at the border
- Day 1 – 8:00 – Cross the border into Jordan (via the Arava Crossing) aided by our border assistants – be one of the first to arrive at the border crossing
- Day 1 – 09:15 – Drive from border to Aqaba, city tour and free time in the market, lunch
- Day 1 – 12:15 – Transfer to Wadi Rum
- Day 1 – 13:00 – Check in to Bedouin camp, free time in Wadi Rum, optional activities to be arranged on the spot including camel rides, hiking
- Day 1 – 15:00 – Jeep tour in Wadi Rum, led by a local Bedouin and your guide – the best way to see the amazing desert landscape as the sun sets, and an unforgettable photo opportunity
- Day 1 – 18:30 – Overnight in Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum or 3-star hotel in Aqaba (you can decide), upgrades are possible in the Bedouin Camp, can be arranged on the spot
- Day 1 – 19:00 – Dinner in the Bedouin Camp, traditional Bedouin cuisine including Zarb (Bedouin Barbeque), dips, spreads, salads
- Day 2 – 07:00 – Breakfast at leisure in Bedouin Camp (optional early morning activities)
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Transfer to Petra
- Day 2 – 09:15 – Quick stop en route to Petra to enjoy a view of Mount Haroun
- Day 2 – 09:30 – Arrive at Petra and begin the guided tour
- Day 2 – 12:00 – Free time to explore in Petra, eat snack box or eat in a local restaurant
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Meet at Exit of Petra
- Day 2 – 16:45 – Return journey to border
- Day 2 – 18:30 – Cross the border back to Israel
- Day 2 – 19:30 – Return to Eilat with drop off at hotels
NB: All times are approximate.
- Price includes: transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, guided tour of Petra including snack box, water bottle, dinner (if overnight in is camp), breakfast, jeep safari in Wadi Rum, overnight accommodation. If staying in a hotel, dinner is not included.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, lunch on day one, tips.
- Pickup from 3 centralized locations in Eilat, in order to reduce pickup time, arrive at the border early and maximize time spent in Jordan. Drop off at all major Eilat hotels.
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group (in Petra). Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
- Tour is available from Eilat every day.
- In the winter months when the temperature is colder than it is considered comfortable, the order of the sites might be changed.
- Single travelers will pay a $25 single supplement.
- Our tour includes approx 7 hours in Petra, approximately 2.5 hours with a guide, and 4.5 hours of free time.
- Tour is offered seven days a week in English. Available guiding in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available. Please contact us for pricing.
Please note, border fees and visa fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representative on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan, and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan.
Please note that during Ramadan (from May 5th to June 4th) the tour will cross to Israel by 18:00, due to earlier closure of the border.
|Petra Wadi Rum Two Day Tour From Eilat||$ 339
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.