Petra and Wadi Rum are two of the most beautiful places on earth, and our two day Petra and Wadi Rum Tour, available every day from Eilat offers the ideal way to visit and experience both of these gems. Leaving Eilat, you’ll cross into Jordan, before travelling north along Jordan’s Desert Highway to the city of Petra, hidden in the desert for hundreds of years and rediscovered just 200 years ago. At Petra you’ll enjoy a comprehensive tour by an experienced guide, before enjoying an authentic Jordanian style lunch. You’ll overnight in Petra and the following morning after breakfast, head south to the breathtaking desert at Wadi Rum for a jeep tour through this unique and breathtaking landscape. Returning to Eilat after two days of touring, you’ll reflect on this immense experience.
This tour does not require a pre-arranged visa
Petra and Wadi Rum Two Day Tour Highlights
- Pickup from hotels in Eilat
- Transfer to the border and cross into Jordan
- Transfer to Petra through the desert highway
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat an authentic local Jordanian style lunch
- Overnight accommodation in a Bedouin campsite in the magical landscape of Wadi Rum (or hotel depending on your preferences). Our Bedouin campsite is more than just tents in the desert. Read more about its facilities here.
- Take a jeep safari through the breathtaking landscape of Wadi Rum led by our local Bedouin guides, senior members of their tribe who will also give interesting insight into Bedouin culture
- Optional – free afternoon in Wadi Rum with time to hike or enjoy the relaxing scenery of the desert
- Quick tour of the port city of Aqaba with time at the city’s markets
- Return to Eilat
- Day 1 – 07:30 – Pick up from accommodation in Eilat
- Day 1 – 8:00 – Cross the border into Jordan (via the Arava Crossing) aided by our border assistants
- Day 1 – 09:00 – Drive through desert
- Day 1 – 11:00 – Guided tour of Petra and short horse ride (optional)
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Lunch in local restaurant
- Day 1 – 17:30 – Transport to Wadi Rum
- Day 1 – 18:30 – Overnight in Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum or 3-star hotel in Aqaba (you can decide).
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Breakfast
- Day 2 – 09:00 – Jeep safari in Wadi Rum
- Day 2 – 11:00 – Back to camp, head to Aqaba for a brief city tour
- Day 2 – 13:00 – Free time in Aqaba at the markets
- Day 2 – 15:30 – Leave Aqaba and return to Eilat
NB: All times are approximate.
- Price includes: transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, guided tour of Petra including lunch, dinner (if overnight in is camp), breakfast, jeep safari in Wadi Rum, overnight accommodation. If staying in hotel, dinner is not included.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, drinks
- Pickup from any hotel in Eilat
- Tour is available from Eilat every day+
- In the winter months when temperature is colder than it is considered comfortable, the order of the sites might be changed, with the first day in Eilat, Aqaba and Wadi Rum, overnight in hotel in Petra, and Petra tour on the second day.
|Petra Wadi Rum Two Day Tour From Eilat||$ 359
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide).
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.