Visit Petra and Wadi Rum from Tel Aviv on this incredible two-day tour which is available with guaranteed departure every day. You will head south from Tel Aviv, to Eilat, crossing the border into Jordan, and traveling towards Aqaba, to visit the local marketplaces and culture. Then you will head south for your overnight accommodation to check into the Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum (possible to stay in a hotel in Aqaba during the winter months). During the afternoon sunset when the temperatures are cooler, head off on a Jeep Safari tour into the depths of Wadi Rum, this unique and mesmerizing desert landscape which the Nabateans ruled over for so long. The next morning, enjoy a relaxed breakfast before heading towards Petra, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive tour of the ancient red city including the famous highlights and more. After the guided tour, enjoy free time to explore at your own pace in Petra. Later, you will head back south to the border and cross back into Israel and return back to Tel Aviv having had an immensely memorable experience.
This tour does not require a pre-arranged visa
Petra and Wadi Rum Two Day Tour Highlights
- Transfer from Tel Aviv to Eilat, transfer to the border with Jordan, traveling through the stunning Negev Desert. (This tour can be arranged privately with flight option, inquire within.)
- Be one of the first to cross the border and arrive in Jordan.
- Visit nearby Aqaba, enjoying the local marketplaces.
- Head towards Wadi Rum, check into your Bedouin Campsite accommodation and relax. In the afternoon, when the temperatures are cooler, head out on a Jeep Safari tour with a local Bedouin and your tour guide.
- Enjoy a traditional Bedouin dinner, including Zarb, spreads, salads and more, and overnight in the Bedouin campsite (option to upgrade to chalets or Martian-style tents is available).
- The following morning, enjoy a relaxed breakfast before transfer to Petra through the desert highway.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs.
- Enjoy free time to explore at own pace in Petra.
- Head towards the border and cross back to the Israeli side.
- Return to Tel Aviv, return transportation to Tel Aviv from Eilat is approximately 4 hours.
- Day 1 – 03:00 – Pickup and transfer by road from Tel Aviv to Eilat
- Day 1 – 8:00 – Cross the border into Jordan (via the Arava Crossing) aided by our border assistants, be one of the first to arrive at the border.
- Day 1 – 09:15 – Leave the border and head towards Aqaba
- Day 1 – 9:30 – Free time in Aqaba to explore the market and eat lunch
- Day 1 – 12:15 – Transfer to Wadi Rum
- Day 1 – 13:00 – Check into Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum (hotels in Aqaba available in winter months)
- Day 1 – 15:00 – Enjoy a sunset Jeep Safari tour, the best time of day to take photos and see the desert scenery at magic hour
- Day 1 – 19:00 – Dinner at the Bedouin Camp, enjoy a traditional Bedouin Meal including Zarb (Bedouin Barbeque), salads, dips, spreads, bread and more
- Day 1 – Overnight in Bedouin Campsite (upgrades possible)
- Day 2 – 07:00 – Relaxed Breakfast, optional early morning activities
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Transfer to Petra
- Day 2 – 09:15 – Quick Stop en route to Petra to use bathrooms and view Mount Haroun
- Day 2 – 09:30 – Arrive at Petra and begin a guided tour of Petra
- Day 2 – 12:00– Enjoy free time in Petra to explore at own pace
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Meet at the exit of Petra
- Day 2 – 18:30 – Arrive at the border to cross back into Israel
- Day 2 – 19:30 – Arrive back in Eilat and transfer back to Tel Aviv, transportation to Tel Aviv is approximately 4 hours.
NB: All times are approximate.
- Price includes: transfer from Tel Aviv to Eilat, overnight accommodation, transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, dinner on day one (only if overnight in camp), breakfast on day two, and water bottle. If staying in a hotel, dinner is not included.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, lunch,, tips.
- Single travelers will pay a $25 single supplement.
- Bedouin Camp accommodation includes basic tent for 2 people (Single Supplement applies for solo travelers) shared bathroom/showers with hot water no a/c.
- Bedouin Camp Chalet upgrade with air conditioning and en suite bathroom – $60 pp.
- Bedouin Camp upgrade to “Martian dome tents”- subject to availability, extra $240 per tent ($120 pp for double). Must be booked in advance at time of booking. Please contact us after you book to confirm your Martian tent upgrade.
- This tour can be booked privately with flight transfers, please inquire at time of booking.
- Maximum of 25 passengers per group (in Petra). Please note that while in transportation, groups may be larger. We find that larger buses are more comfortable and accommodating. However, the time spent guided in Petra will be a maximum of 25 passengers per group.
- Tour is available from Tel Aviv every day
- Our vehicle goes directly from Tel Aviv to the border and you will not have to drive through another city on the way.
- In certain circumstances such as during the shorter winter days, the order of the days might be adjusted in order to provide as much time as possible in Petra.
- Tour is offered seven days a week in English. Available guiding in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available. Please contact us for pricing.
Please note, border fees and visa fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representative on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan, and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan.
Please note that Israeli passport holders must Ieave and re-enter Israel with their Israeli passports.
During Ramadan (from May 5th to June 4th) the tour will cross to Israel by 18:00, due to earlier closure of the border.
|2 Day Tour from Tel Aviv||$ 399
5% Discount for Students $70 Discount for Children Under 12
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Fee & Visa The border fee and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border fees should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request, for a supplement.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure with no charge but only 5% handling fee. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border fee which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.