Visit Petra and Wadi Rum from Tel Aviv on this incredible two day tour which is available with guaranteed departure every day. You’ll head south from Tel Aviv, to Eilat, crossing the border into Jordan, and travelling towards Petra. Once arrived at Petra, you’ll enjoy a comprehensive tour of the ancient red city including the famous highlights and more. Lunch will be an experience, eating at an authentic Arabic style restaurant. In the late afternoon, you’l head south for your overnight, in a Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum (possible to stay in a hotel in Aqaba during the winter months). The following morning, after breakfast, we’ll head off in jeeps into the depths of Wadi Rum, this unique and mesmerizing desert landscape which the Nabateans ruled over for so long. You’ll head back south to the border and cross back into Israel, with free time to enjoy Eilat’s beach, grab a meal, or take advantage of the city’s attractions. That evening, you’ll return back to Tel Aviv having had an immensely memorable experience.
This tour does not require a pre-arranged visa
Petra and Wadi Rum Two Day Tour Highlights
- Transfer from Tel Aviv to Eilat, transfer to the border with Jordan. On Fridays this transfer will be by road, traveling through the stunning Negev Desert, on other days, transfer will be by flight.
- Transfer to Petra through the desert highway
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ‘lost city of Petra’ including the Siq, Obelisk Tomb, Calligraphy, Treasury, Jabal Madbach (sacrificial palace), Tombs, Theater, Mountaintop Tombs
- Eat an authentic local Jordanian style lunch
- Overnight accommodation in a Bedouin campsite (during winter months, the accommodation may be changed to a hotel). Our Bedouin campsite is more than just tents in the desert. Read more about its facilities here.
- Take a jeep safari through the breathtaking landscape of Wadi Rum
- Quick stop at the port city of Aqaba and visit its markets (time depending)
- If time allows, free time in Eilat to take advantage of the beautiful Red Sea Beaches, or enjoy the city’s attractions
- Return to Tel Aviv
- Fridays – 04:00 – Pickup and transfer by road from Tel Aviv to Eilat
- Sunday-Thursdays -05:30 – Check in at Sde Dov Airport for flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat
- Day 1 – 8:00 – Cross the border into Jordan (via the Arava Crossing) aided by our border assistants
- Day 1 – 09:00 – Drive through desert
- Day 1 – 11:00 – Guided tour of Petra and short horse ride (optional)
- Day 1 – 15:30 – Lunch in local restaurant
- Day 1 – 17:30 – Transport to Wadi Rum
- Day 1 – 18:30 – Overnight in Bedouin campsite in Wadi Rum (hotels in Aqaba available in winter months).
- Day 2 – 08:00 – Breakfast
- Day 2 – 10:00 – Jeep safari in Wadi Rum
- Day 2 – 12:00 – Back to camp
- Day 2 – 13:00 – Leave to Aqaba and short city tour
- Day 2 – 14:15 – Free time in the markets in Aqaba and transport back to border crossing
- Day 2 – 16:30 – Arrival back in Eilat, free time to enjoy the beach, the Dolphin Reef, Underwater Observatory, or another attraction of your choice.
- Day 2 – 20:00 – Depart Eilat for Tel Aviv
- Sundays-Thursdays – 22:00 – Arrive back in Tel Aviv
- Saturdays– 24:00 – Arrival back inTel Aviv
NB: All times are approximate. Return flight times can vary depending on availability.
- Price includes: transfer from Tel Aviv to Eilat (flight transfer on Sunday-Thursday departures, road transfer on Friday departures), overnight accommodation, transportation to all sites from Eilat, entrance fees, lunch on day one, dinner on day one (only if overnight in camp), breakfast on day two.
- Price excludes: border fees (US$65 paid in cash at the border), Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa, drinks
- Tour is available from Tel Aviv every day
- In certain circumstances such as during the shorter winter days, the order of the days might be adjusted in order to provide as much time as possible in Petra. In this case time in Eilat will be shortened
- In the winter months when temperature is colder than it is considered comfortable, the order of the sites might be changed, with the first day in Eilat, Aqaba and Wadi Rum, overnight in hotel in Petra, and Petra tour on the second day.
- Child Discounts Children up to age 12 save $70 on this tour.
- Student Discounts Students receive a 5% discount on the price per person for most tours. This excludes tours which visit Northern Jordan (Jerash, Amman), and private tours. Students must send a valid student ID card after making their booking in order to validate the discount.
- Guiding This tour is fully guided, and tour guides are government licensed
- Transportation All vehicles are modern, regulated, fully air conditioned
- Border Tax & Visa The border tax and visa fee is written on the tour description. Most countries do not require a visa to be pre-arranged before travel, as a tour operator we are able to arrange this on the behalf of our customers. To see a full list of countries and visa requirements to Jordan, click here. If your country does require pre-arrangement, please email us when you book so we can advise. (Please note that border taxes should be paid in cash and are paid directly to the government authorities and changes are beyond our control.)
- Languages This tour is conducted in English. Guides can be arranged in other languages at your request (most languages cost $90 per guide). There is a Russian guide free of charge on certain days - please note in your booking if you would like to take advantage of it.
- Payment Payment for this tour will be made on the day of the tour. If you prefer to pay by cash, please let us know. A credit card will be taken at the time of booking for security, but not charged until the day of the tour.
- Free Cancellation Most tours can be cancelled up to 48 hours before departure without charge. If the tour booking includes flight transfers, accommodation, or other add-ons, we will endeavour to cancel this portion of the tour without charge, however the decision is made by the airline or relevant supplier and we cannot guarantee a refund. With less than 48 hours remaining, tour cancellations are at the discretion of the end operator. No-shows are charged at the full amount.
- Exclusions Tour price does not include border tax which should be paid in cash at the border, tips, or personal travel insurance (which we recommend that all travelers arrange).
- Your tour will be made handled with the experienced local operations team on the ground who we have hand picked. Full contact details for the operations team who are available 24/7 will be provided in your confirmation mail.
- All bookings are subject to terms and conditions.
If you still have questions, please contact us.
This is a group tour but can be customized and taken privately for families or groups. Click here to request a price quote for a private tour.